Thursday, February 11, 2010

Church Done Differently

If you've been around for the past...oh, decade +...you've heard this.  I've heard this.  I've probably said this.  It means a lot of things to a lot of people.  Or maybe it just means a lot of things to me.  I dunno.  I do get the sense that it's a little overplayed because a lot of times when I hear it, I think, Nah, that's church done just the same. 

What I do know is that last week, I watched the live stream of a conference called Verge and just happened to listen to a dude named Hugh Halter talk about Adullum Communities in Denver and I thought, Whoa, that really is church done differently.  And, you know what, I think I liked it.  I think it made sense.  I'm still unpacking some of it, but I do know it made me sit up and take notice---especially as it related to this idea of being in the community and not apart from it. 


On their website, under About Us, it says:

Adullam is a congregational network of incarnational communities that are apprenticing kingdom people.

I don't know exactly what that means, but I think I might be willing to try to find out...

No comments: